Yamaha Motorcycle Models
Yamaha is a popular producer of motorcycle products. They are known globally and due to its popularity, they are a famous choice for collectors and enthusiasts. So this article will be about the best Yamaha motorcycle models that are currently available in the market.
Based on our research on finding the best Yamaha Diecast Motorcycle Models, We have found out that the following are currently the best out there in the market.
- 2013 Yamaha YZR-M1
- Yamaha YZF-R1
- Yamaha YZF-R6
- Yamaha V-MAX
- 1996 Yamaha SR400
To know why they are currently the best, please do check out their descriptions down below. I am sure you are going to see why.
We know what the problem is, since the company has been around since 1955, they produced a variety of motorcycle models which makes the task of looking for a diecast model a very complicated task to do. So I made this article for you to make your pick easier.
Everyone can benefit from this article. A beginner who wants to start his/her collection or someone who already has a collection can check out which among these models are perfect as an addition to their collection. I made sure that this will be a great read for you.
This article is updated monthly give updates on the trends and especially, the availability of the diecast models. These are important as I do not want you to be outdated on the trends in our hobby. Collectors unite!
This article is a long one, with the start of the introduction of a diecast model, to a brief introduction of Yamaha, then to the criteria used in picking the right diecast model, and finally, the top picks for the Yamaha motorcycles.
So if you are excited to check my tops picks and make your own choice, you can use the table of contents to browse easily.
Other Motorcycle Models
Yamaha Motorcycle Models
I would like to tell first that the models in this list are not ranked, which means the first in this list is not the best overall.
All the models in this list are good in their own way, and I made sure that it would satisfy every viewer base on their preference or options.
I am sure that one of them will definitely catch your eye.
So here are my top picks for the Yamaha Motorcycle models!
2013 Yamaha YZR-M1
- Motorcycle Model: 2013 Yamaha YZR-M1
- Size: 11 x 11 x 3.1 inches
- Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Model Produced by: New Ray
- Model Number: NR57583
- Reason to Buy: Achievements, Design
- Scale: 1:12
The Yamaha YZR-M1 is a motorcycle specifically designed by Yamaha to race and enter the MotoGP Series. Since then it joined other races including the Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing.
In 2002, The YZR-M1 achieved two wins and placed second in the final standings as did Yamaha in the manufacturers’ championship.
In 2003, Yamaha came in third in the manufacturers’ championship. It won a lot more races after that.
The Yamaha YZR-M1 is an iconic vehicle, it won 7 world championships overall in races and is considered to be a successful line of motorcycles. No wonder it is popular to collectors. The name sells itself. If you are someone who is into achievements, especially in racing which Yamaha is known for, you are in for a treat.
This is a definitely perfect addition to your collection not just because of its achievements, but because it has an amazing design.
Video Reference for the Yamaha YZR-M1, courtesy of YouTube
- Motorcycle Model: Yamaha YZF-R1
- Size: 8 x 2.7 x 14 inches
- Weight: 0.8 pounds
- Model Produced by: Tamiya
- Model Number: 14074
- Reason to Buy: Achievements, Design
- Scale: 1:12
The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a motorcycle created by Yamaha since 1998. It is another one of the most successful motorcycles of Yamaha.
What you are checking out right now is a winner of awards in the Ten Best Awards, Superbike Shootout (2015, 2016, and 2017), the first in the German Design Award and so much more! Many awards were given to this amazingly designed vehicle.
Due to these achievements, the Yamaha YZF-R1 is definitely a great pick for your collection. Its achievements speaks for itself. If you are in for the elegant design, then this model is perfect. Do not also forget that it won multiple awards. So you should also be proud of it. Check it out below!
Check out the Yamaha YZF-R1 here
- Motorcycle Model: Yamaha YZF-R6
- Size: 6.25 x 3.4 x 2.8 inches
- Weight: 0.2 pounds
- Model Produced by: New Ray
- Model Number: 67003
- Reason to Buy: Achievements
- Scale: 1:18
The Yamaha YZR-R6 is the super sport version of the R1. Due to its modifications, it is also considered to be a super cool and fast motorcycle.
It gave Yamaha the win to both the riders and manufacturers title during the 2011 Supersport World Championship season. The bike also won the super sport category at the 2008 North West 200 Races.
Since then, it has been a popular choice to collectors and its popularity increased. Which is why this is also a great pick to be added in your collection. Make sure to also check it out here!
A YouTube video of the Yamaha YZR-R6 for your reference.
- Motorcycle Model: Yamaha V-MAX
- Size: 12.9 x 9 x 3.9 inches
- Weight: 1.01 pounds
- Model Produced by: Qingdao
- Model Number: 47
- Reason to Buy: Design
- Scale: 1:12
The Yamaha V-Max is also a popular choice to collectors due to its achievement as the “Bike of the Year” with its introduction in 1985 and the “2007 Model of the Year”.
The V-Max is also known for its acceleration power, thanks to its 1,197cc liquid cooled engine and its unique V-boost system. This Motorcycle is also one of the best picks because of its design.
If you are in for these type of design for a motorcycle, then you are in for a treat. This model will surely suit your taste and a great addition to your motorcycle collection.
Here is a video of the Yamaha V-Max for you to see its design, make sure to look at its beauty.!
1996 Yamaha SR400
- Motorcycle Model: 1996 Yamaha SR 400
- Size: 13.3 x 8.9 x 2.6 inches
- Weight: 0.67 pounds
- Reason to Buy: Old Model
- Scale: 1:12
Yamaha has a strong history of 400cc motorcycles and this SR400 is like a trip back in time.
If you are in for an old look of the Yamaha motorcycles, then this is your choice. Its design will definitely bring you back to the old days of Yamaha.
Be proud of its history, as this motorcycle may be old, but the innovation that Yamaha made throughout the years in implanted in these type of vehicles.
Collectors will definitely love them, as these types of models are quite rare these days. You will surely not regret having this model if you are in for the old look of Yamaha motorcycles.
Check out and see the beauty of Yamaha SR400
Diecast models are products of the die casting method. This method uses metals to make a replica of a certain object such as cars, air crafts, helicopters and many more. In this article, we will talk about the motorcycle die casts.
The method is preferred due to its ability to produce not just a cost effective, but a smooth detail on the replicas, which makes the models appear life-like and durable. Its durability is an important aspect since it can last a lifetime with proper care.
The Models are preferred to last a long time not only because it can stay longer, but its price will increase with time due to its rarity. Most collectors collect models and sells them at a reasonable price when the time comes. If you are in for investments, be my guest. Diecast models are definitely a great pick for that endeavor.
Because diecast models are produced in a cost-effective way, manufacturers tend to prefer them over other methods. They can sell a high quality product at a low price. All thanks to the die casting technique.
In most aspects, diecast models are the right pick for everyone due to their advantages.
Yamaha Motor Company Ltd. is a Japanese manufacturer of many products such as boats and other motor products. They are an excellent manufacturer of motorcycles.
Their success in the motorcycle industry is when the company is led by Genichi Kawakami, the company’s first president, began the production of its first product, the YA-1, in 1955. The 125cc motorcycle won the 3rd Mount Fuji Ascent Race in its class.
The YA-1 made by Yamaha was a success at racing from the beginning, winning not only the 125cc class in the Mt. Fuji Ascent, but also sweeping the podium with first, second and third place in the All Japan Autobike Endurance Road Race.
The success didn’t stop by that, because by the year 1963, Yamaha’s dedication to racing paid off with their first victory in international competition at Belgium.
Yamaha has won 39 world championships in motorcycle racing, and due to these accomplishments, Yamaha became a very popular motorcycle manufacturer worldwide and is very famous to collectors. Also, due to its popularity, Yamaha’s motorcycle sales are currently the second largest in the world.
Reason to Get a Yamaha Model
Yamaha became a symbol of excellence and achievements. As seen in their racing records. They have shown that they can keep up with the competition worldwide and climbed to the top as the second motorcycle company based on the number of sales.
Due to this popularity, collectors urge to have Yamaha models in their display. They know the popularity of the company, and how it attracts people. It is definitely a symbol of achievements and perseverance.
How to Buy the Right Model
As said at the start of this article, there are tons of criteria not just on the Yamaha model itself, but also a lot of things to consider on the models available.
Yamaha has a lot of options to offer, and you want to choose which one is the right one for you, and I am pretty sure that you are so excited to also have one.
I definitely understand how excited you are to choose a model to satisfy your preferences and you don’t want to make a mistake.
With tons of varieties due to its popularity, you will easily be lost if you are just looking for a model without any criteria.
That’s the reason why this article is made, and I really hope that it could help you out in your choice, because I certainly do know that choosing which one to buy is a very hard task to do.
To help you in this task, I have placed here some considerations you need to consider in buying a model.
We will also dig in them as I show you my picks below. I suggest you to also use them in choosing which one is right for you.
If you think that it will be hard to choose by using all of these criteria, it will be fine because I am here to help you with my top picks to be presented later in this article.
Here are the List of My Criteria in Picking a Model
These are the considerations and the criteria that I have used in order to accurately choose the models that are listed further in this article.
Make sure to also use them for your own convenience.
This will definitely make buying the right model for you a lot easier. If you have hard time using them, do not worry, because as I said earlier, I will explain individually why the models I picked below are part of this list. I am so excited for you to make a pick!
- Availability – There is no point in this article if my top picks are unavailable in the market. I do not want to drool you over something you can’t have. I want you to have a great pick, and my task is to make ensure that the models are available in the market. That’s why I update my articles monthly for new models, to guarantee that you will not miss out anything. I do not want you to feel outdated and I assure you that I won’t allow that. For the love of a diecast collector like me. I won’t!Also, I recommend you to save or bookmark this website so you will always be updated on the trends and updates on the diecast models available.
- Quality – As discussed above, we always choose die-cast models since they are made with metals. These metals will definitely bring durability, tensile strength and quality to the products. It will ensure that what you are buying will last a long or even a lifetime with proper care. In addition to this, old diecast models are considered collectibles, so you can sell them in the future for larger and reasonable price. If you are here for investments in the future, this is a criterion to consider.
- Design – The motorcycle’s design for itself. Is it the design that looks amazing? Its style and design are actually one of the most important aspect in buying a diecast model for display purpose. In fact, most people buy models because of its design. So it is definitely one of the factors in the decision-making process.
- Reality – We need the model to be as life-like as possible, exactly the same designs as the real ones. That’s where diecast models come into play, with smooth surfaces and great attention to detail, these criteria will easily be achieved.
- Name – Did it made an impact in the industry? Is the motorcycle named for someone important? We always need to check them out. This will also be an important factor in our decision-making process for choosing the right model for us.
- History – the history of the motorcycle itself, did it had any significant impact in the industry? Did the motorcycle made a huge impact of the company’s history? Is it the first one with a specific engine. Or the first in-line with a successful generation of motorcycles? These things are difficult to forgo in buying because since Yamaha has a lot of history to offer.
- Emotion – This factor is often forgotten but is one of the most important. Emotion is a factor in choosing a model for us. Do we get emotional with a model since childhood? Is it a gift for someone who loves to say “Yamaha” or “Motorcycles” in conversation? Do not forget emotion as this is one of the things that would give you the satisfaction you always wanted.
- Achievements – Did the motorcycle won an award or won a race, any special mention of it will greatly ease our minds in choosing since we know that not just us, but other people also like them.
All of these factors will be kept in my mind, and I am proud to introduce to you my top picks on the best Yamaha Motorcycle models that you may freely choose from.
All of the models in this article are great choices, and whatever the model you choose, it should be something that you should be proud of.
I would even recommend these models to a friend asking me for a suggestions in choosing a diecast model for them, I am also sure that you will not regret it. You will definitely be happy as you place it into display or as an addition to your home.
These options are amazing in each of their own way and I know that one of them will surely be the perfect one for you, depending on your preferences.
No matter what your choice is, do not regret it. Be proud of your decision. Always think that you made the right choice. You are guided with the information necessary to pick your own diecast model.
Do not also forget that you can go check my website anytime, and be sure to check out other models in case you want to add something new to your awesome collection. You should definitely save or bookmark this website, so you can find this website fast, because you know that there are a lot of websites in the web.
Comments, Suggestions or Recommendations
I recommend you to browse for more soon. We definitely have a lot of information to offer you in the diecast model industry, we are sure that you will come back for more.
In case, you want to check out other diecast models, feel free to browse my website anytime, and I promise you that I will update my list every time to give you the most up to date and available diecast models in the market.
As always, any comments, suggestion or anything related to this website to make it better are always welcome.
If you want me to make more of these types of articles. Do not hesitate to make a comment below and I will surely help in any possible way I can.
Thank you for spending your time reading this article, I hope it helped you in choosing which Yamaha model is right for you.
Have a wonderful day,
The Diecast Model
I would like to thank the following website links because this article wouldn’t be possible to make without the information they provide.
I would like to thank the following YouTube channels for not their channels, I wouldn’t have any reference for each models in this Article.
- Yamaha MotoGP
- JAWA TINO